A rechargeable vape battery is typically a lithium-ion or lithium-polymer battery specifically designed for vape vaporizers.
These types of batteries are known for their convenience, reliability and efficiency, making them popular for many vape enthusiasts.
How does A Rechargeable Vape Battery Work?
The functionality of a rechargeable vape battery relies on the interplay between essential components of the vaping system.
- In order to activate the vape power, the vape vaporizer device connects to the positive and negative terminals on a rechargeable vape battery.
- Upon activation, the device completes an electrical circuit, allowing current to flow from the battery to the coil heating system.
- The battery powers the coil to heat the e-liquid into vapour continuously.
How To Recharge A Rechargeable Vape Battery?
In order to charge the battery, one needs a compatible charging device or a USB cable. Vapers can recharge most vape batteries through a built-in port or a 510-threaded connection.
510-threaded connection means that there are 5 threads on the male connection(atomizer) and the other 5 on the female connection(battery or mod), and its total length is 5mm long.
Connecting the 10 threads makes it easy to charge the rechargeable vape battery. The battery refills its energy by transferring current back into its cells after connecting to the charger.
Advantages of rechargeable vape batteries
- Cost-effective: Rechargeable vape batteries can be reused multiple times, making them more cost-effective in the long run than disposable batteries.
- Environmentally friendly: Using a rechargeable battery can help reduce the number of single-use batteries ending up in landfills, thereby minimizing environmental impact.
- Convenience: Rechargeable batteries allow vapers to easily power their vape device without frequently purchasing new batteries.
- Performance: Rechargeable vape batteries are usually designed to provide reliable and consistent power output, enhancing a better performance and vaping experience than other disposable vape batteries.
Disadvantages of rechargeable vape batteries
- Initial Cost: Investing in rechargeable vape batteries and a charging device may cost more upfront than disposable batteries.
- Charging Time: Rechargeable batteries may cause inconvenience if they run out of power and require time to recharge before vapers can use their vape device again fully.
- Maintenance cost: Rechargeable batteries require proper maintenance and care to ensure longevity.
- Compatibility: Using a rechargeable battery that matches the vape device’s voltage and amperage requirements is crucial. Otherwise, it could be hazardous or function poorly.
How To Choose A Rechargeable Vape Battery?
Depending on the specific device, it generally comes in cylindrical form factors such as 18650, 20700, or 21700, among which 18650 batteries are the most popular choice.
Advantages of 18650 rechargeable vape battery:
- Compatibility: The 18650 is the most compatible rechargeable vape battery sold in the vaping market, reducing vapers’ timing cost on finding the battery and matching charging cable.
- Price: Due to the great compatibility with most vapes, the 18650 vape battery is affordable to most vapers.
- Appearance and volume: The term of the 18650 battery refers to the battery’s size, measuring 18mm in diameter and 65mm in length, which is a compact and slim one, reducing the volume of vape simultaneously.
Disadvantages of 18650 rechargeable vape battery:
- Lower capacity: Due to the small volume, 18650 failed to achieve a higher battery capacity than 20700 and 21700 batteries, causing weaker throat hits when vaping.
- Frequent charging: 18650 needs to be frequently charging operations because of the low capacity, causing an inconvenience for heavy vapers.
How To Disposal The Worn-Out Rechargeable Vape Battery
Before disposing of the worn-out rechargeable vape battery, vapers should check out the local regulations and laws to ensure detailed ways to deal with it.
Generally, most rechargeable vape batteries can be reused as metal materials or batteries in other fields.
In addition, vapers can also keep an eye out for local recycling programs like the “End of Life” electronic device recycling program in Australia.
Rechargeable vape batteries have become popular among vapers due to their convenience, cost-effectiveness, and eco-friendly nature.
By applying rechargeable batteries, vapers can enjoy a better vaping experience while reducing the consumption of disposable batteries.
Remember always to follow the manufacturer’s guidelines and recommendations for using and charging rechargeable vape batteries to ensure safety and longevity.
How do you use a rechargeable vape battery?
A rechargeable vape battery is usually pre-located in the pod vape system, reducing vapers’ timing cost to assemble.
In addition, vapers need to charge the battery regularly to maintain its capacity and functioning.
What does it mean if your vape is rechargeable?
It means this vape is equipped with a pod vape system, allowing it to refill the battery using a specific charging cable and no more cost to replace disposable vape batteries.
What’s the difference between rechargeable and non rechargeable vapes?
Rechargeable vaporizers are more cost-effective in the long run than non-rechargeable ones and provide the convenience of reusability.
How long does a rechargeable vape last?
If vapers regularly charge their vape, the battery can maintain its capacity for several months up to a year before significant battery loss.