Do you know how to recharge disposable vape? Regardless of the type of charging cable you have, there are some tools that can help you recharge your disposable vape pen.
- Preparation for charging
- Make a DIY charging wire
- Remove the bottom
- Remove the mouthpiece
- Connect wires to the battery
- Assemble the disposable vape
Please refrain from charging before thoroughly reading the guide’s contents, especially the safety precautions, and assess the risks yourself before proceeding.
There are two types of vape pens: rechargeable and disposable devices.
Rechargeable vapes and disposable vapes have a charging port and can be recharged by connecting a charging cable to the port.
This article will present a step-by-step guide on charging disposable devices without a charging port, so if you’re interested, read on to find out more.
How To Recharge A Disposable Vape Device?
I will use IGET Hot vape as an example because this brilliant disposable vape pen is cost-effective and loved by many vapers.
The Australian IGET Vape Team provides this video about how to refill and recharge with an IGET Hot Disposable device. The video on how to charge the IGET Hot vape shows until 2 minutes 20 seconds.
It is important to realize that there is no overcharge protection. Batteries will overheat, explode and even cause injury.
There is also a risk of permanent damage to the e-cigarette when disassembled. Please do so at your own risk.
- A disposable vape (example with IGET Hot)
- A charging cable (to be destroyed: Android, Apple, and Type-C chargers are available)
- A socket or power supply
- A pair of pincers and scissors
- A couple of tissues
Make sure the socket has short circuit protection to avoid potential electric shocks. Please be sure to use these tools with care to avoid injuries.
If you don’t have a DIY charging cable. No matter what kind of charging cable you have, Android, Apple, and Type-C chargers can be destroyed to wires to charge your disposable device.
Next, you can take a pair of scissors and cut off the end of the charger that is meant to be plugged into your phone, then peel the insulation of the cable to reveal about 2 inches of coloured wire. (Different cables with different colour wires, and step 5 will tell you how to connect.)
Grip the bottom with the tweezers and pull it out while wiggling the tweezers slightly from side to side.
Please be careful with the device’s appearance when pulling and wiggling the tool to avoid destroying the design.
Separate the mouthpiece from the body of the IGET Hot. Rotating the mouthpiece forward while rotating the body backward to create separation.
If the mouthpiece is very tight and difficult to separate, you can use tissues to increase the friction to separate it more easily.
Now, connect the positive wire with the negative wire to complete the power circuit.
The red wire of the DIY charger to the golden slot of the red end of the battery(the red wire goes to the positive terminal).
Connect the blue or black wire to the other side slot of the battery (the blue wire goes to the negative terminal).
If your wires are different from the ones I mentioned, no worries. Different cable types will have different colours with counts, and the next part will represent 4 types you may meet.
After 2 minutes of charging time, stop and remove the charger, and then recharge again, and so on.
Please charge the battery many times for less time so that the battery does not overheat and become dangerous.
Please don’t leave the battery there by itself while it’s charging. If you see smoke or the battery gets hot, stop it immediately and safety first!
After charging, you can put the Tank and battery back into the body of the IGET Hot. Attach the mouthpiece to the body. Then try to use it.
If it doesn’t work, charge it again for 2 minutes. If it still doesn’t work, the battery is damaged and should be disposed of according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
How To Connect The Wire To The Disposable Vape Battery?
It’s easy to connect the positive wire with the negative wire to complete the power circuit.
But not everyone’s inner wires of charging cable represent the same colour and below are examples of 4 different types you might meet.
- 2-wire USB Cable:
- positive power wire: red
- negative power wire: black
- 3-wire USB Cable:
- positive power wire: red, orange or yellow
- negative power wire: white, grey or black
- ground wire: the third wire is the ground wire to ensure proper electrical grounding
- 4-wire USB Cable:
- Positive Power Wire: orange, red or yellow
- Negative power: black, white or grey
- Positive Data Wire(+D): white or green
- Negative Data Wire(-D): blue or green
when white and green are together, white means the positive data wire(+D).
- 5-wire USB Cable:
You could locate the power and negative power wires first, which is similar to a 4-wire USB cable, then locate the positive and negative data wires. The last wire is the ground wire.
If you want to know more about the USB, here is more USB Color Code information.
Safety Precautions To Charge A Disposable Vape
Here are some safety precautions:
- Avoid overcharging: Overcharging disposable e-cigarettes can cause battery damage and shorten the life of the device.
- Do not charge unattended: Keep an eye on the charging progress and disconnect the charger when the battery is full or hot. Otherwise, it could lead to overheating, electrocution, combustion or even explosion.
- Avoid overheating: Keep it away from extreme heat and direct sunlight to prevent the battery from overheating. Charging your vape device in a well-ventilated area can help dissipate heat.
- Away from flammable materials: To minimise fire risk, keep the charging area free of flammable materials such as paper, cloth, or other combustible items.
- Dispose of damaged vape: If you notice any damage to the battery or the device, or if the device works improperly, stop using it immediately and contact the manufacturer for instructions. Please do not attempt to continue charging it.
- Read the manufacturer’s instructions: Some disposable vape devices may have specific instructions for disposal or safe use. Be sure to read any information provided by the manufacturer before charging.
- Watch the charging time: The disposable vape pen will take some minutes to relive from the dead. Please charge the battery many times for less time. When you feel the battery gets hot, please stop charging immediately.
This article presents a detailed guide on recharging a disposable vape pen, and it is an effective reminder to readers only to attempt to charge disposable electronics with experience with electronics and an understanding of the risks involved.
Some customers like the convenience of disposable vapes, while others prefer pod systems and devices that can recharge with a dedicated charger.
You can browse the full range of disposable vapes at disposable vapes australia and choose the one that suits your smoking style.
How to charge a vape disposable?
Disposable vapes are designed for single use, and recharging is not recommended.
Please charge after thoroughly reading the safety precautions.
You can connect wires to the vape battery many times but in less time. When the battery gets hot, please stop charging.
How to recharge vape battery?
Firstly, open the disposable vape and remove the battery.
Then, connect the battery to the USB wires and wait for the charging.
Lastly, assemble the battery to the vape, and you are ready to inhale.
How to recharge a vape with an android charger?
If you have a rechargeable vape with a charge port, please connect your cable to your vape.
If you have a disposable vape, please connect wires to your vape battery, and it’s notable to act as per the manufacturer’s instructions.
How many times can you recharge a vape?
A good vape can be recharged many times, which depends on the durability of your vape.
You know it’s time to buy a new vape when it fails to recharge.